IN THE BEGINNING

Sand angel
 For some it started with an angel. Motherhood was my ultimate beginning. I started there. At the point of even wanting to bring life into this world, I started to feel the beauty and the healing hand of Mother Nature. Gardening, for me, started with motherhood.
My angels
Motherhood and gardening hold similar lesson for those who have wandered into either. My first lesson of motherhood, was letting go. When I miscarried my first child, I grieved as if that soul was mine. I learnt that I possess nothing. All is a gift that I can be near for as long as I am permitted. And letting go is just a movement on my timeline.  Like seasons in my garden: I graciously receive, and travel with it in that space for as long as I am able. As I watch my children grow, I see them as spiritual gardens that I tend to the very best of my ability. They show me how to accept the seasons in my own life so much better. I've discovered the art of breathing again.
Freedom
 I share my garden with them, and they share their wisdom with me. Boundless acceptance, endless tolerance and epic love shower our souls as if we were but flowers in a garden, waiting to receive, and generously sharing our beauty with all who travel through.
I've learnt how to get dirty. I've learnt how to touch soil with love and foresight; with respect and imagination. Before motherhood, I could barely set foot on dirt without shoes, in fact, I simply couldn't. Now I only wear shoes to photoshoots and to the mall...
I used to think that it was my garden that healed me in this way, but without motherhood I think my garden would have been barren. It is indeed Motherhood that has given birth to this Boho Gardener.
And now we play.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

IN THE BEGINNING

Sand angel  For some it started with an angel. Motherhood was my ultimate beginning. I started there. At the point of even wanting to br...